Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2015/01/08 10:38:16 UTC

list out BOM on the bigtop website

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about to add current 0.8.0 release BOM on bigtop website so
that users can easily know what do we have.

I'll take the list from roman's comment in
(please advice if I'm wrong)

OS:

   - CentOS6, CentOS7, Fedora 20
   - SLES11sp3, OpenSUSE 13.1
   - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Java:

   - JDK7/OpenJDK7

Projects:

   - Zookeeper 3.4.5
   - Hadoop 2.4.1
   - HBase 0.98.5
   - Pig 0.12.1
   - Hive 0.13
   - Sqoop 1.99.2
   - Oozie 4..0.1
   - Whirr 0.8.2
   - Mahout 0.9
   - Flume 1.5.0.1
   - Giraph 1.1.0
   - Hue 3.6.0
   - DataFU 1.0.0
   - Solr 4.6.0
   - Crunch 0.10.0
   - Spark 0.9.1
   - Phoenix 4.1.0
   - Tomcat 6.0.36
   - jsvc 1.0.15

If you think it's ok to do so,
do I need to create a patch for the change or to update the site directly?

Re: list out BOM on the bigtop website

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I gave it a quick spin and was able to quickly convert index file from xdoc to
asciidoctor. The resulting code is clearly smaller and easier to
navigate/extend. However, I wasn't been able to produce any "advanced" stuff
like menus and stuff. I am sure it is quite possible is that a general lack of
artistic talent fails me :(  I have put an initial snapshot into
'asciidoc-trial' branch if someone wants to take a look

I am pretty sure it would be a great exercise for someone who wants to
contribute to the project and don't know where to start.

Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.