Posted to user@bookkeeper.apache.org by suman p <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/03 12:15:58 UTC

COMPOSITE exception

Hello,

  I am doing samples using hedwig. I am trying to create a subscription for
a topic using following code.

  HedWigClient client = new HedwigClient(conf)

  Subscriber sub = client.getSubscriber()

 if(!sub.hasSubscription(topic, subscription)) {
   sub.subscriber(topic, subscription, CreateOrAttach.CREATE_OR_ATTACH)
 }

I am getting following exception. I looked at source code, but not able to
understand under what conditions hedwig server throws  "COMPOSITE"
exception as shown below. Can some please help in understanding the issue.

org.apache.hedwig.exceptions.PubSubException$ServiceDownException: Server
responded with a status code of: COMPOSITE
        at
org.apache.hedwig.client.handlers.SubscribeResponseHandler.handleSubscribeResponse(SubscribeResponseHandler.java:158)
        at
org.apache.hedwig.client.netty.ResponseHandler.messageReceived(ResponseHandler.java:158)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelHandler.java:100)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:545)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:754)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302)
        at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.oneone.OneToOneDecoder.handleUpstream(OneToOneDecoder.java:76)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:545)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:754)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302)
        at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:317)
        at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.callDecode(FrameDecoder.java:299)
        at
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.messageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:216)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:80)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:545)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:540)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:349)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:280)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:200)
        at
org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)
        at
org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:44)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Regards,
Suman

Re: COMPOSITE exception

Posted by suman p <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, I am looking forward for the 4.2.0 release

 Regards,
 Suman

Re: COMPOSITE exception

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Suman,

Re: COMPOSITE exception

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Suman,

According to the queue of issues for 4.2.0, we should be able to have 4.2.0 out soon. We have currently 4 issues left to resolve:

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER/fixforversion/12320244

-Flavio

Re: COMPOSITE exception

Posted by suman p <su...@gmail.com>.