Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Mitchell <qu...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/27 13:26:45 UTC

erase all known existence of a committed file

I have accidentally committed an absolutely enormous file to my repository.
I can of course "live with it," but backups and such will be considerably
more difficult.

And as you know, 'svn delete ...' will not change the size of the
repository to any significant degree.

What are my options?

Thanks

Re: erase all known existence of a committed file

Posted by Juanma Barranquero <jm...@wke.es>.
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:26:45 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff Mitchell <qu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What are my options?

dump, filter, load.

Something like:

 $ svnadmin dump oldrepo | svndumpfilter exclude trunk/mybigfile | svnadmin load newrepo --force-uuid

"newrepo" must exist before the loading.

--force-uuid should not be necessary if newrepo is an empty, freshly
created repository.

                                                                Juanma