Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2002/01/23 02:34:40 UTC

Finding default classes

Hi,

I'm setting up my first Turbine app (servlet using velocity) and am having
trouble getting the system to find my classes.  I've been poring over the
the documentation and have found it to be rather confusing on how and where
to put files. (I've been working mostly with the Velocity HowTo)

I've set up the TDK, and have left most settings at the default.

My template directory structure is
	templates/app/screens/page1.vm
	templates/app/screens/filemanager/page2.vm
	templates/app/screens/filemanager/page3.vm

I made classes (subclasses of VelocityScreen)
	com.forio.turbine.modules.screens.Default
	com.forio.turbine.modules.screens.Page1
	com.forio.turbine.modules.screens.filemanager.Default
	com.forio.turbine.modules.screens.filemanager.Page2

     (no Page3 intentionally)

My Turbine properties says:
	module.packages=com.forio.turbine.modules,org.apache.turbine.modules
	services.VelocityService.file.resource.loader.path = /templates/app

The results...
	http://localhost:8080/simadmin/servlet/simadmin/template/Page1.vm
		works fine

http://localhost:8080/simadmin/servlet/simadmin/template/filemanager/Page2.v

http://localhost:8080/simadmin/servlet/simadmin/template/filemanager/Page3.v
		both give the error:

		Horrible Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
			Requested Screen not found:
	Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
	[com.forio.turbine.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]

How can I make these last two URL's work properly?  I want to (A) have a
default class rather than a class for every vm page, and (B) have some
templates in subdirectories.  What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance, WILL