Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Mok <mi...@consultech.net.au> on 2000/09/15 04:22:56 UTC

Documentation on new features added to STRUTS?

Hi

I noticed that the size of struts download ( .tar.gz file size 1.2 Mb) is
growing. Is there an updated documentation or example of illustrating the
new facilities/features added to STRUTS?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Michael Mok

Re: Documentation on new features added to STRUTS?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Michael Mok wrote:

> Hi
>
> I noticed that the size of struts download ( .tar.gz file size 1.2 Mb) is
> growing. Is there an updated documentation or example of illustrating the
> new facilities/features added to STRUTS?

Three things have been causing the growth recently:

* I'm adding new tags, as well as migrating some of the existing tags, into
  smaller individual tag libraries, as described on the TODO list (see more
  info below).

* I'm adding a test suite that is primarily useful to those developing Struts

  itself, to make sure that changes being made do not break the existing
  tags.

* Documentation is being remodelled and expanded into a new format.  This
  is visible both in the Struts documentation application included with
Struts,
  as well as on the Struts web site page at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/struts

If you look at the TODO documentation in either of these places, you can get
a sense for the types of things currently being worked on.  Documentation is
an important piece of that, but is probably going to be done after the
corresponding code changes, rather than before.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Mok

Craig