Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/05/02 15:32:22 UTC

apache nifi focused hackathon/meetup

Team,

For those in the MD/DC/VA area or who would be interested in
participating remotely we are planning to host hackathon as part of
our normal NiFi meetup here in the area.

  http://www.meetup.com/ApacheNiFi/events/230804255/

On-site we can host about 30 or so folks pretty easily and I am happy
to setup a video conference for others interested in participating
directly as well.  The idea will be to use this gathering to focus on
existing PRs and JIRAs and help work them down and get them addressed.
The number of open and interesting JIRAs is growing and the same is
true of PRs.

Discussions during the meetup will be captured and documented via the
PRs/JIRAs as is normal but also any other discussion/ideas that come
out will be captured and made available as well.  The meetup must not
become a way to have disconnected decision making.

If you do signup to join can you please indicate if you plan to be
on-site or remote and if remote please let me know if you'd like to be
on a web conference and if we get one or more requests I'll set that
up.

Also of note those of us organizing this are hackathon rookies so if
you have ideas/comments/etc.. please share.

Thanks
Joe

Re: apache nifi focused hackathon/meetup

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
All,

Just some thoughts for the NiFi Hackathon Meetup, it might be good to
identify a handful of JIRA's that could be worked on by people fairly new
to the codebase, and provide as much background info as possible on those
issues for someone to hit the ground running.
The goal would be to have a couple of PRs/patches submitted by the end of
the night and merged by a committer.

Of course if those already familiar with the codebase want to come and work
on more advanced issues, or flesh out designs, that is fine too.

Thanks,

Bryan