Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/10/18 19:52:41 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC2

Hello Kudu devs!

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the second release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.11.0.

Apache Kudu 1.11.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes
since the prior release.

This is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.11.0-RC2/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1040/

It is tagged in Git as 1.11.0-RC1 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=f6623f527b6c7e95b84d6f719fa1cb9eff4ebd29

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/branch-1.11.x/docs/release_notes.adoc

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and
running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.

The vote will run until Wed Oct 23 11:00:00 PDT 2019.  This is more than
usual 72 hours from the time of sending out this e-mail message because
of the weekend.

Thanks,
Alexey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC2

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
The vote is closed, 1.11.0-RC2 didn't pass.

As Adar mentioned, we needed http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/14507 to make
live row count working properly and avoiding introducing incompatible
changes if fixing it in later releases.  Also, having KUDU-2980 fixed would
make the release more robust.

I'll cut RC3 as soon as all the patches we want are in the branch-1.11.x.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC2

Posted by Attila Bukor <ab...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC2

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
I think we can cut another RC if we really think that incorporating these
fixes makes the release candidate more robust and sound.  I'm not sure what
is time-based limit there, but it would be great if we could wrap it up in
one week or so.

From the other side, as PlanB we could rollback the changes that

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC2

Posted by Adar Lieber-Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.