Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2012/12/06 08:46:25 UTC

Re: Funny suggestion

Hi Jim,

Could you give a short overview of the differences between the "event" and
"optimized event" MPMs? I couldn't really figure out from a diff between
the two (apart support for short-lingering-close, log time zone formatting
optimization, and use of skip lists to keep track of timers), and couldn't
find much discussion about it on the dev list. What else is optimized? and
what performance benefits would one get by switching to eventopt?

Thanks!

- Jean-Sebastien

Re: Funny suggestion

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Another difference is that removal of as many mutexes as
possible, hopefully to also increase speed. I'm also looking
into folding some of the architecture concepts of Simple
into eventopt.