Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 16:01:30 UTC

Github README vs Apache Usergrid website

We've got some redundant information in our README.md file and on our web
site.

I'd like to remove most of the information in that top-level README ( you
can see it here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-usergrid ) and instead
point people to "how to" pages on our Apache Usergrid website.

Please speak up if you have a better idea or other suggestions.

Thanks,
- Dave

Re: Github README vs Apache Usergrid website

Posted by "tim.anglade@gmail.com" <ti...@gmail.com>.
I think it'd be good to leave the first section of the README in and move
"How to Build and Run Usergrid Locally" + "Backwards compatibility" to the
documentation pages.