Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "SCHULTING, TERRY (ATTSI)" <ts...@att.com> on 2008/09/12 19:09:15 UTC

Multiple log4j configs for the same EAR

We have a Websphere 6.0.2.17 cluster that we deploy an application to.

This application has an EJB and a WAR embedded in the EAR.  The EJB

incorporates log4j (1.2.8) via a third party jar, that includes

log4j.properties.  The WAR incorporates log4j via log4j.jar at

WEB-INF\lib and log4j.xml at WEB-INF\classes.  The logging is setup for

the EJB to log to out.log and the web client to log to audit.log.  The

strange thing is, it is inconsistent.  Sometimes the logging is fine and

we see the appropriate entries in out.log and audit.log.  Unfortunately,

other times, we see nothing in the audit.log and the entries that should

have been there are now in out.log.  Can somebody explain what I may be

doing wrong here?

Thanks - Terry