Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com> on 2012/05/24 23:19:13 UTC

release code names (was RE: git migration heads up)

Also, I think we should take the pre-existing release codenames (Bonita, Burbank, and Campo) and reserve them for Citrix commercial releases.   The community is moving to a different release cycle (with presumably different release content) than Citrix had planned, and of course it can come up with new codenames if desired.   This clear assignment will help reduce confusion as we split Citrix and Apache release cycles.  It will require further scrubbing in the bug db and on the wiki as these codenames are referenced there.

-kevin

Re: release code names (was RE: git migration heads up)

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Also, I think we should take the pre-existing release codenames (Bonita, Burbank, and Campo) and reserve them for Citrix commercial releases.   The community is moving to a different release cycle (with presumably different release content) than Citrix had planned, and of course it can come up with new codenames if desired.   This clear assignment will help reduce confusion as we split Citrix and Apache release cycles.  It will require further scrubbing in the bug db and on the wiki as these codenames are referenced there.
>
> -kevin

Agreed - there already seems to be consensus (though it's still early
in the conversation) on us breaking the existing versioning scheme and
moving to 4.0.0 as the initial release. We can work on cleanup of all
of those references as we go forward - though I don't necessarily see
it as a blocker to release - and want to really focus on that as our
next 'big goal'.

--David