Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ali Mahdoui <ma...@hotmail.de> on 2010/06/10 23:23:44 UTC

Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa

Hi,is there any tutorial or example how to use openjpa with cocoon 2.2?Thanks!Ali
http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006xHMTL5
Tschüss Werbung im E-Mail-Abbinder!

RE: Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
Hi Ali,

Suppose you have a cocoon application with multiple cocoon blocks A, B and C.

The default rcl.properties will contain something like

com.mycompany.blockA.service%classes-dir=./target/classes

This will ensure that whenever you are running the application (while still developing) you can make changes in your java classes and pressing F5 in the browser will immediately reflect those changes.

You could also have a situation where block B depends on block A

com.mycompany.blockB.service%classes-dir=./target/classes

com.mycompany.blockA.service%classes-dir=../blockA/target/classes                                  --> use the classes from the target folder of block A
%exclude-lib=com.mycompany:blockA                                                                                                 --> exclude the jar from block A

I’m no expert on classloaders but I think you should comment out these lines when moving to a production environment.

And just like you noticed this can even cause classloading issues while still developing so also in that cause you can comment out these lines.

Robby

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:41:24 +0200
From: robby.pelssers@ciber.com
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
You might want to disable everything from the rcl.properties file.  I had similar issues in the past and that helped fixing the classloader issue.

Robby

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:24:12 +0200
From: robby.pelssers@ciber.com
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
I’d say… who cares if you’re using Cocoon2.2?

Just start using openJPA as you would for any other java project…

-Add the needed dependencies to  your pom.
-Start configuring some beans in your block-application-context.xml
-write your pojo’s and annotate them
-from flowscript do the work you need to do by

var mybean =  cocoon.getComponent(“mybean”);
mybean.doSomething();

Robby

________________________________

Tschüss Werbung im E-Mail-Abbinder! <http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006HMTL2>

________________________________

Künftig E-Mails ohne Werbung – Nutzen Sie Hotmail auch geschäftlich. <http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006HMTL3>

________________________________

Künftig E-Mails über Hotmail ohne Werbung versenden! <http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006HMTL1>

RE: Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa

Posted by Ali Mahdoui <ma...@hotmail.de>.

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:41:24 +0200
From: robby.pelssers@ciber.com
To: users@cocoon.apache.org

You might want to disable everything from the rcl.properties file.  I had similar issues in the past and that
helped fixing the classloader issue.

Robby

is there any tutorial or example how to use
openjpa with cocoon 2.2?

Thanks!

Ali

Tschüss Werbung im E-Mail-Abbinder!

Künftig
E-Mails ohne Werbung – Nutzen Sie Hotmail auch geschäftlich.

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006xHMTL4
Künftig E-Mails über Hotmail ohne Werbung versenden!

RE: Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.

RE: Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa

there any tutorial or example how to use openjpa with cocoon 2.2?

Thanks!

Ali

Tschüss
Werbung im
E-Mail-Abbinder!

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1006xHMTL6
Künftig E-Mails ohne Werbung – Nutzen Sie Hotmail auch geschäftlich.

RE: Cocoon 2.2 + openjpa