Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/03/19 04:21:43 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrOnAmazonEC2" by DonaldMahaya

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DonaldMahaya:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrOnAmazonEC2

The comment on the change is:
Added infromation about publci EC2 AMI for Solr 1.3.0 testing with Java 1.6

  These results are made possible through the generous support of  Amazon Web Services Apache Projects Testing Program.

+ I have created a public AMI(ami-8f07e0e6) - [mahaya-images/mahaya-solr-lucene-server-1.3.0-20090318.manifest.xml] on EC2 that can be used as a baseline for this effort. The Solr version installed is 1.3.0 with Java 1.6 and the operating system is Fedora-8.
+
+ The Solr and Java JDK directories are in the /opt directory.
+
+ In addition I have created a second example directory named example7574 which can be used to launch a second Solr server(in addition to the default instance on port 8983) on the same instance to test sharding.
+
+ I also took the liberty of adding an additional *.xml file to the exampleDocs directory named 'kindle.xml' since this is 'Amazon' EC2:)
+
+ Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
+
+ Cheers,
+ Donald Mahaya
+