Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Brian Stansberry <be...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/25 23:00:58 UTC

Re: [logging] possible errors in child first cases [WAS Re: [logging] issues highlighted by analysis]

--- robert burrell donkin
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 23:59 -0700, Brian Stansberry
> wrote:
> > --- robert burrell donkin
>
> <snip>
>
> > When I ran these, for every child-first case the
> > sysout output said the caller was defined by the
> child
> > loader.
> >
> > [java] Caller        defined by CHILD  class
> loader
> >
> > For 18, 20, 26, 28, 30 and 32, the overview says
> > caller should be loaded by the parent.  Haven't
> had a
> > chance to try to see why, but this could be the
> cause
> > of some problems.
>
> that's interesting.
>
> i've rerun the tests on my machine and all those
> tests seem to have the
> caller defined correctly. (i don't seem to have
> anything which isn't
> check in.) i'm running Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> (build 1.4.2_04-b05,
> mixed mode) on linux at the moment.
>
> anyone else experiencing these problems?

Please note that the results I reported came when I
ran the tests using the patched version of
LogFactoryImpl I discussed.  Don't know if that would
matter or not.  I can try again tonight using the
normal JCL.  Or it could be some other screwup on my
part.

Brian

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 23:01 -0700, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Sorry to waste your time; false alarm. The child-first
> cases are fine.  Somehow my commons-logging.jar had
> everything but the kitchen sink in it, including the
> demonstration code.
>
> Good news is with that problem fixed and a refactored
> LogFactoryImpl, JCL worked as expected in all cases.

great :)

- robert

Re: [logging] possible errors in child first cases

Posted by Brian Stansberry <be...@yahoo.com>.

--- Brian Stansberry <be...@yahoo.com>