Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2002/05/03 20:58:24 UTC

old docs pdfs

I just noticed that the apache-1.3.23-docs.pdf.zip got moved into
dist/old/.  In the future, it would be better if we don't automatically
move the docs.pdf when new releases come out.  I don't think we plan to
create a new pdf for every point release, so it is better to just leave
the most recent one in the dist/ directory.

(This was probably someone just doing "mv apache-1.3.23* old/".  Perhaps
we should change the filename.  Any suggestions?)

Thanks.

Joshua.

Re: old docs pdfs

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 3 May 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> (This was probably someone just doing "mv apache-1.3.23* old/".  Perhaps
> we should change the filename.  Any suggestions?)

That's very likely what happened.  For all I know, it was me that did it.
:-/ If so, sorry about that.  I'd suggest "apache-docs-1.3.23.pdf.zip"
instead of "apache-1.3.23-docs.pdf.zip" to avoid this problem.  Then
again, that puts the docs pdf and the source code tarball separate from
each other in the directory listing... I'm of two minds about whether that
is good or not.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com