Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/11 15:01:27 UTC

Release date for HttpClient 3.1

Any idea when the official 3.1 release might be made?

I'm gradually working towards a new JMeter release, and would like to
include 3.1 rather than 3.1RC1 if possible.

It's not a show-stopper, but I'd rather not release JMeter with 3.1RC1
only to find that 3.1 is released shortly afterwards ...

S///

Re: Release date for HttpClient 3.1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 14:01 +0100, sebb wrote:
> Any idea when the official 3.1 release might be made?
>
> I'm gradually working towards a new JMeter release, and would like to
> include 3.1 rather than 3.1RC1 if possible.
>
> It's not a show-stopper, but I'd rather not release JMeter with 3.1RC1
> only to find that 3.1 is released shortly afterwards ...
>
> S///

Sebastian,

There is only one outstanding issue targeted for 3.1-final. We do not
have any release blockers. I would prefer to wait for another 3 to 4
weeks and cut the 3.1-final sometime in the second half of May.

A more difficult question, though, is who is going to act as the release
manager for HttpClient 3.1.

Oleg