Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Lupo <JL...@alsysinc.com> on 2001/12/20 21:39:19 UTC

Problems building Tomcat 4.0.1

When I try to build Tomcat 4.0.1 on my system, I get the following error and
it fails:

build-main:
    [javac] Compiling 93 source files to
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/jasper/build/classes
    [javac]
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/jasper/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/Pa
rserXJspSax.java:147: Method getXMLReader() not found in class
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.
    [javac]             XMLReader parser = saxParser.getXMLReader();
    [javac]                                                      ^
    [javac] 1 error

I've verified that I've followed the BUILDING.txt directions to no avail.
Searching the Internet revealed the following link to the archives of this
list, http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2000/Oct/msg00402.html but the
response doesn't help me because I've never had any other versions of JAXP
installed other than v1.1.

By the by, I'm running Solaris 8 x86 with JDK 1.2.2 installed.
thanks.