Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michael Weissenbacher <we...@dermichi.com> on 2007/01/25 13:06:52 UTC

DTD or XSD for config.xml

Hi List,
is there a DTD or a XSD for validation of config.xml? It's somewhat
annoying that my editor (JEdit) complains about undecalred element types
all over the place while editing config.xml. Is it harmful to remove the
DOCTYPE from config.xml?

thanks,
Michael

Re: DTD or XSD for config.xml

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
You can remove the doctype if you expend the entities, it just makes
the file smaller.
There is no dtd or schema because it isn't designed, Ahem, it has just
evolved as people need to add more config params. I tried to make a
schema, and document it, but the problem is that it can vary by
inclusion of unknown mailets we need to get the mailet config into a
generic standard format first. Its only my list of things for the
mailet-api sub-project to consider.

d.