Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> on 2005/12/16 20:01:03 UTC

Must plugins be MT safe?

Does Nutch/Lucene use multiple threads?
Do all of of the plugins need to be MT safe?
I'm mostly concerned with parser and analyzer
plugins.
Thanks.
-kuro

Re: Must plugins be MT safe?

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Yes parsers are used in multiple threads.
In case you have to share resource between the parser threads it is a
good idea to store these in a plugin-class object (you can implement
and need to setup in your plugin.xml), since each plugin has only one
plugin class instance until runtime.

HTH
Stefan