Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by marta_rn <mr...@agnitio.es> on 2008/06/12 11:34:11 UTC

Re: TextMessage vs ByteMessage

Hello all,

I would like to know which is the maximum length of a TextMessage. Is there
a limit?

Thanks in advance,

Marta

Posted by marta_rn <mr...@agnitio.es>.
First of all, thanks, Rob!!

I want to send text messages, and there is a big possibility that the size
of the message will be more than 2 GB.

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused with this:

>>OpenWire supports up to a theoretical  2GB limit for a TextMessage

and this:

>>The theoretical limit for all messages is 2GB - but the reality is
that if you want to send large messages (say 1mb or bigger) - you're
best using a Blob message

So... if I create a TextMessage with, let's say, 5 MB, it would crash? Have
Blob Messages any peculiarity? Why exactly should I use them?

Thanks again,

Best regards

Marta

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.