Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sriram Narayanan <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/21 16:14:55 UTC

Something interesting for Tomcat 4.0 users

Hi all,

Here's something interesting that I discovered today. And I was able to find teh answer simply because of the Tocmat 4 docs !

I am storing objects to MySQL.
When I write objects to the database, there are no problems.
When I read back my objects, using rs.getObject(), I get a "ClassNotFoundException".

My MSQL JDBC driver is in tomcat's common/lib folder.

All that I did to solve this problem was to copy this jar to my webapp's lib folder. This is because the MySQL classes are loaded by a parent level
classloader, and when reading back the object, the app specific class is not visible.

Could someone verify my conclusion ?

Sriram