Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com> on 2009/03/03 20:24:12 UTC

Re: Okay have JetSpeed deployed in WAS. Some questions.

On Feb 27, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Obst, Aaron M. (EHQ) wrote:

> Okay I finally managed to get JS deployed and started in WAS.  However
> when I hit the URL all I get is the main portal screen.  Trying to
> login
> does nothing, but go back to the main screen and the j2-admin URI
> doesn't seem to be working.
>
> When I built the ear file to deploy into WAS here is what I did;
>
> In the <JetSpeed>/webapps/j2-admin directory I did;
>
> 	jar -cvf j2-admin.war *
>
> In the <JetSpeed>/webapps/jetspeed directory I did;
>
> 	jar -cvf jetspeed.war *
>
> I then copied the jetspeed.war and j2-admin.war  to another directory.
> In that directory I created a META-INF and put in the following
> application.xml file into the META-INF;
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
> id="Application_ID" version="1.4"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd">
> 	<display-name>JetSpeed Portal</display-name>
> 	<module id="WebModule_1">
> 		<web>
> 			<web-uri>jetspeed.war</web-uri>
> 			<context-root>/myportal</context-root>
> 		</web>
> 	</module>
> 	<module id="WebModule_2">
> 		<web>
> 			<web-uri>j2-admin.war</web-uri>
> 			<context-root>/j2-admin</context-root>
> 		</web>
> 	</module>
> </application>
>
> I then ran;
>
> jar -cvf jetspeedportal.ear *
>
> This command above would have included j2-admin.war, jetspeed.war,
> META-INF and the application.xml in the META-INF
>
> I know Im asking and hoping a lot, but any idea if I missed out on
> something above?

Yeah, deploying to Websphere is probably not a something we should be
discussing on this list. I actually wrote a document describing how to
deploy Jetspeed to Websphere. Its all checked into to XDOCS, but I
haven't copied it out to the public website yet. I will do that now.
The HTML files should become available within 24 hours (it has to
replicate out to the Apache web server mirrors)
Look here, it may replicate as soon as 8 hours actually, not sure:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2.1.3/deployguide/deploying-jetspeed-to-websphere.html

Plain URLs

Posted by Ron McNulty <rm...@xtra.co.nz>.
Hi All

I am using Jetspeed for development, then deploying on Websphere Portal
Server.

One incompatibility is URI names.

Can I use "vanilla" page names in jetspeed? By default pages get a .psml
extension.

Regards

Ron