Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Dunne <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/22 19:20:39 UTC

file not found

I am having a problem with an html file.  In my project folder I have html, javascript and php files.  When I go to http://localhost/ProjectFolder/ All the files are listed except for 1 html file.  stopping and restarting the apache2 server has no effect, it still will not show up in the list of files.   does anyone know waht might be causing this?

Richard.

Re: file not found

Posted by David Brown <da...@dbws.net>.
Do you have an |IndexIgnore *.html directive in your apache conf ?|

Re: file not found

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I've been bitten once or twice with problems like this just to find out
after an hour of headache that I didn't put the file in the right folder
or the permissions weren't set correctly.  Can you verify you are
storing the file in the proper place and tomcat has permissions on it?
Are there any log messages related to the missing html file?

Outside of that, maybe you just need to clear out the work directory and
restart tomcat.

--David