Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Robert D Oden <ro...@dbasetek.com> on 2011/03/24 15:25:02 UTC

Trouble Installing Apache2::Request on Centos 5.5

I have been struggling with getting Apache2::Request (libapreq2-2.13) to
run on Centos 5.5.

Apache was installed during OS install.

Apache2::Request was downloaded, built, tested, and installed successfully.

perl Makefile.PL --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
All dependencies satisfied.
httpd_devel and mod_per_devel installed.
LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so added to httpd.conf file.

Below is the error I am getting when trying to start Apache (apachectl
start).

httpd: Syntax error on line 203 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so into server: libapreq2.so.3:

I have compared this install to another machine that has
Apache2::Request installed on Centos 5.2. It appears that I have all the
right files in all the right places.

I must be missing something somewhere. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Robert (Doug) Oden
President

Tel: 	816-318-8840
Fax: 	816-318-8842
Email: 	roden@dbasetek.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information and any attachments in this
e-mail are privileged, confidential, subject to copyright and intended
solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. Any
unauthorized use, copying, review or disclosure is strictly prohibited.
Views expressed are those of the user and not necessarily those of
Database Marketing Technologies, Inc. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this
message is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material from your database.

Re: Trouble Installing Apache2::Request on Centos 5.5

Posted by Alexander Goller <al...@ryte.de>.
Hi,

find out why libapreq2.so.3 is not existing. It usually links to the
library file with the full version number (and maybe you should check if
the linker knows about the lib), maybe you just forgot to run ldconfig?

cheers, alex

Posted by Morten Bjørnsvik <mo...@experian-da.no>.
Hi Robert

Our automatic installer have the following paramerters for the libapreq2.13 line:

$PERL_BIN=/opt/perl/bin/perl
$APXS_BIN=/opt/apache/bin/apxs
$APACHE_DIR=/opt/apache
:
Apache2::Request        2.13    libapreq2-2.13.tar.gz   downloaded_201012171512 "$PERL_BIN Makefile.PL \
--with-apache2-apxs=$APXS_BIN --with-perl=$PERL_BIN --enable-lib64 --with-expat=$APACHE_DIR"

Just expand column5 (inside the doublequotes) with the paths that fits your system.

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

# cd /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.12.2/x86_64-linux/Apache2/
# fgrep -rn 'VERSION' Request.pm
6:our $VERSION = "2.13";

--
MortenB

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Robert D Oden wrote:

> httpd: Syntax error on line 203 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
> load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so into server: libapreq2.so.3:

The above should give you the key, no ?
Do you really have *both* these files where it is looking for them ?

On one of my system (Debian, not Centos), I have :

LoadModule apreq_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_apreq2.so

and the files :

/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_apreq2.so
/usr/lib/libapreq2.so.3 --> /usr/lib/libapreq2.so.3.6.0

Re: Trouble Installing Apache2::Request on Centos 5.5

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Robert D Oden <ro...@dbasetek.com> wrote:
> I have been struggling with getting Apache2::Request (libapreq2-2.13) to run
> on Centos 5.5.
>
> Apache was installed during OS install.

It sounds like you installed Apache and mod_perl via rpm or yum.  Try
installing libapreq2 via yum also.  Also make sure that you haven't
installed apache or mod_perl from source on that machine.  You can mix
and match rpms and source builds, but you have to have fun environment
variables such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH set correctly.

yum search libapreq
libapreq2-devel.i686 : Development files for libapreq2
libapreq2.i686 : Apache HTTP request library
perl-libapreq2.i686 : Perl interface to the Apache HTTP request library