Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2008/04/03 18:32:45 UTC

Re: 2.4 (Was: Re: Configuration Issues to Address [was Re: Dynamic configuration for the hackathon?])

 >>> On 4/3/2008 at 8:23 AM, in message
<99...@VF-MBX11.internal.vodafone.com>,
Plüm,
Rüdiger, VF-Group <ru...@vodafone.com> wrote:

> [...]

It wouldn't surprise me, which is why we need to get a 2.3-beta out
there for testing.  I've tried to make sure that the holes where filled
with the authz refactor, but it is likely that something will be missing
until more wide spread testing is done.  The perl framework problems
were discussed on the list a couple of months ago

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200801.mbox/%3c7e79c5b90801040912h187004a6wea8d1b51cc1d46db@mail.gmail.com%3e

The current tests don't apply anymore because authz has moved from hook
based to provider based with logic operators added.  If we need to
rework something outside of the tests themselves, then that needs to be
identified.  As far as breaking existing authz modules, it is a similar
situation when authn moved from hooks to providers in 2.2.  All of the
standard Apache authz modules have already been refactored.  This issue
is third parties will have to refactor their authz modules for 2.4.

Brad

Re: 2.4 (Was: Re: Configuration Issues to Address [was Re: Dynamic configuration for the hackathon?])

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Brad Nicholes wrote:

> It wouldn't surprise me, which is why we need to get a 2.3-beta out
> there for testing.

That would be good as well... that way we can determine
how solid the existing impl is, so when the new stuff is
added we know the "old" stuff is still good :)