Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Eastwood <Ja...@businessserve.co.uk> on 2002/07/04 11:54:49 UTC

OT : testing webservers -(hammering them)

Hi everybody

I have set up 4 web server front end nodes with apache 1.3.26 ( sun netra
t1125 twin 440Mhz 2 gig memory)and i need to know the number of hits that
they can cope with comfortably.

Does anybody have any scripts or apps that can help with this?

TIA

Apache 1.3.xx and php and ...

Posted by dale <st...@colony.net>.
Hello,

I am currently running apache and php with mysql on a server
that  I wish to update to the latest apache and php for
security reasons.

The original install was done via rpms (redhat 7.2), and
unfortunately when I try to upgrade apache or php I am told I
can't due to various dependencies. This is very annoying!

As a result, I think it will probably be better for me to just
compile my own copies of apache and php.  But I am not sure
what is the best way to do this. Everyone seems to have their
own suggestions on whether to compile modules in or not.

I need to stay with the 1.3 series due to a special module I
do use that is not quite ready to go with 2.x

I will be using php with phpbb as well as perl, imagemagick
(and probably a few other standard apache modules) and I
expect to be using (after I learn more about it) mod_rewrite
as well as this other special module I am using.

How would the folks here recommend compiling apache to meet
the above needs?

Thank you for your time and hopefully, suggestions and
recommendations.

Dale

Re: OT : testing webservers -(hammering them)

Posted by Stuart Dallas <st...@sharedserver.net>.
On Thursday, July 4, 2002 at 10:54:49 AM, James Eastwood wrote:
> I have set up 4 web server front end nodes with apache 1.3.26 ( sun netra
> t1125 twin 440Mhz 2 gig memory)and i need to know the number of hits that
> they can cope with comfortably.

> Does anybody have any scripts or apps that can help with this?

ApacheBench and others...

http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#ApacheBench

--
Stuart