Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Moty <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 14:25:54 UTC

split svn

Hi,

I'm trying to split my svn for archiving.

I found this: http://oreilly.com/pub/h/5335

In the last phase where I load the dump from revision XXXX to HEAD
(appending it to an empty commits repository up to XXXX-1)
I encounter errors caused by "Node-copyfrom-rev: <revision number older
then XXXX>" property.

Is there a simple way to overcome this problem?

--
10x in advance

Moty

Re: split svn

Posted by Moty <mo...@gmail.com>.
Well...
We had a huge commit ( ~80000 files changed ) and since then any touch in
that history line in the history window in eclipse (helios and indigo )
would freeze eclipse for a while.
The fix was to press a button called "show related files only" in history
window panel.

Re: split svn

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Moty,

Re: split svn

Posted by Moty <mo...@gmail.com>.
Well , it was an eclipse issue, stuck on some huge commit log.

10x for the advises

Moty

Re: split svn

Posted by Moty <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: split svn

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: split svn

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: split svn

Posted by Moty <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: split svn

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Moty,

Re: split svn

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 05:18:26PM +0300, Moty wrote:
> file was copied from revision 10 to 20
> on revision 30 it was renamed/deleted
> I try to split at 25.

You must include all copy sources in the destination repository.
There is a script that can generate a list of paths you'll need to include:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/server-side/svnpredumpfilter.py

Re: split svn

Posted by Moty <mo...@gmail.com>.
What do you mean by delete?
Since the file does not exist in last revision anymore it is hard to delete
it.

For example:

file was copied from revision 10 to 20
on revision 30 it was renamed/deleted
I try to split at 25.

I could not find how to delete from specific revision.

Re: split svn

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Moty,