Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> on 2017/08/31 19:51:06 UTC

[Log4j] Public beta release

Yet again some users find bugs right after release of a minor version,
so far LOG4J2-2023 and LOG4J2-2026.

Maybe we should do a public beta before next minor release (2.10) to
encourage testing by users who are not committers or PMC?

Re: [Log4j] Public beta release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Yup. Besides, what is the difference between creating a release named 2.9.0-beta1 and 2.9.0 at this point. The release process is exactly the same. In addition, even if you do that I guarantee you will still find minor issues right after the non-beta release.

Betas make sense when you are releasing code that you think isn’t quite ready for the prime time.

Ralph

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.