Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com> on 2006/09/20 18:23:45 UTC

Handling breadcrumbs with Struts

My lack of Struts knowledge is showing here, but -

I need to move data from my action object to my jsp through some sort of
value object (probably a bean). For example, my web application will use
breadcrumbs at the top of the body of nearly every page. This information
will need to be updated on every request. I need to find a way to pass this
information back and forth on each request. Does struts provide any built in
mechanism for this (maybe though the Bean taglib) or is there a "preferred"
way to handle my breadcrumbs through Struts?

Thanks

Darren

Re: Handling breadcrumbs with Struts

Posted by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com>.
You may even try and do something more dynamic, like use Ajax calls
upon page loads, and that would keep things clean.

Just a thought ...
Scott

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I don't know about a preferred way, but as I had to implement the
breadcrumbs, I had too choices, do it in the base action (which fits
perfectly for this kind of processing) or, if you don't have a
baseaction in your action hierarchy, use a servlet filter.

regards
Leon