Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2000/11/29 13:41:03 UTC

Re: [Fwd: [uknot] java.apache/mod_java + j2ee + jdk1.3 onSparc/Solaris - hint anyone?]

Definitely compiling 4.0 from the sources is not an easy task, but, at least
the old mod_jserv... Oh my god... Nobody touched the build in 2 years, and
it should be fairly easy...

I'd like to know what problems they had...

    Pier

Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> wrote:

>> From an ISP mailing list here in the UK.
>
> I've also heard lately that installing Tomcat is horribly difficult.
> Haven't tried it myself lately, but I guess I'm going to have to.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html
>
> "There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
> doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff
>
> From: Peter Gradwell <pe...@gradwell.com>
> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:42:57 +0000
> To: uknot@uk.com
> Subject: Re: [uknot] java.apache/mod_java + j2ee + jdk1.3 on Sparc/Solaris -
> hint anyone?
>
> Hello,
>
> At 19:38 28/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>> On to some real work, sorry to spoil the fun :-(
>>
>> If anyone has managed to get java server/apache, I'd be very interested!
>
> No, we gave up on using the Java Apache project stuff, because
> they seem to have two projects doing the same thing with neither
> killed off nor completed (mod_jserv and tomcat).
>
> We use Resin. It works great, though I admit, I didn't install it.
>
> http://www.caucho.com/
>
> - FWIW I have never managed to compile Apache + mod_jserv,
> and I've tried about 3 different times on intel.
>
> peter
>

> --
> peter gradwell; online @ http://www.gradwell.com/peter/

    Pier

--
Pier P. Fumagalli  Apache Software Foundation  <ma...@betaversion.org>
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur,

Re: [Fwd: [uknot] java.apache/mod_java + j2ee +jdk1.3onSparc/Solaris - hint anyone?]

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > "Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:
> >>
> >> Definitely compiling 4.0 from the sources is not an easy task, but, at least
> >> the old mod_jserv... Oh my god... Nobody touched the build in 2 years, and
> >> it should be fairly easy...
> >>
> >> I'd like to know what problems they had...
> >
> > Would you like me to put them in touch direct?
>
> Already did... :) Thanks :)

Cool - it would be nice to know what the outcome is.

Cheers,

Ben.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.