Posted to user@struts.apache.org by MOHAN RADHAKRISHNAN <mr...@cellexchange.com> on 2004/03/05 12:33:44 UTC

Validator doubt

Hi

My validator only works for 'required' fields. Eventhough I have the
following in the same XML it is not working. Is this right ? My
configuration is right because the same validator works for 'required'
fields.

         <field
             property="cocNumber"
             depends="integer">
			 <msg name="integer" key="error.coc.check"/>
                 <arg0 key="label.coc.incident"/>
          </field>

So if I input a value that is not a integer in this particular field I
should see a message specified by <msg name="integer"
key="error.coc.check"/>

Thanks
Mohan

Re: Validator doubt

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 03/05/2004 12:33 PM MOHAN RADHAKRISHNAN wrote:

>          <field
>              property="cocNumber"
>              depends="integer">
> 			 <msg name="integer" key="error.coc.check"/>
>                  <arg0 key="label.coc.incident"/>
>           </field>
>
> So if I input a value that is not a integer in this particular field I
> should see a message specified by <msg name="integer"
> key="error.coc.check"/>

Why are specifying a different msg key? There is a default one already
'errors.integer', if you have put it in your ApplicationResources.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian