Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Евгений Лиукконен <ev...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 18:20:40 UTC

XMPP. Different resources for producer and consumer.

Hello.

Using Jabber with Camel is very interesting feature, but I have a problem
with it.

Structure of application is simple: user can send commands to a bot and it
can reply to user. The first message from user is processed correctly, but
then bot become silent.

The source of problem is that after my route configuration Camel creates
different Jabber resources for consumer (e.g., bot@jabber.org/Camel, I will
call it "Cons" resource) and producer (some sort of hash, e.g.
bot@jabber.org/je9ia, I will call it "Prod" resource). These resources have
equal priority.

Bot receives message from "Cons" resource, but sends it from "Prod"
resource. After bot’s reply, Jabber Server decides that last active resource
is "Prod" and will send all messages from user to "Prod", not "Cons".
Because consumer working only with "Cons" resource, it will never receive
commands from user, so there will be no dialog.

Is it possible to make one of the thing:
1) To increase "Cons" resource priority
or
2) To prevent Camel from creating different connections to XMPP producer and
consumer?

Thank you for your attention.

Re: XMPP. Different resources for producer and consumer.

Posted by Евгений Лиукконен <ev...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply, Claus!

As you advised, I’ve looked up bug tracker entities. It’s look like there
was a similar problem,
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1884[no connection
share for XMPP producer and consumer], but it marked as
"solved".

I’ll try to understand, what I’m doing wrong or what is needed to make my
application working.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah we love contributions

We may have a couple of tickets related to XMPP in the issue tracker
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL

But please feel free to work on the camel-xmpp to get the issues you
have resolved.
It would be a good idea to take a look at the xmpp related tickets to
see if we have that reported already.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer