Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Celine Murphy <cm...@hemscott.co.uk> on 2003/02/06 12:56:24 UTC

Problems with header

Hi,

I am having problems with my table creation. Specifically the header. I want
my table header to appear once and then the table body uses a <xsl:for-each>
to run through certain nodes and populate the body.

The problem I am having is that my table looks great but straight after it
the header is printed out on its own again. This is when the <xsl:for each>
is inside the <fo:table-body> tag.
 If I change the position <xsl:for-each> tag to within the <fo:table-body>
tag the header does not repeat itself. Instead it is the bottom border that
repeats itself. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help??

If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, retransmit or
use the e-mail and/or files transmitted with it  and should not disclose
their contents. In such a case, please notify netwebmaster@hemscott.co.uk
and delete the message from your own system. Any opinions expressed in this
e-mail and/or files transmitted with it that do not relate to the official
business of this company are those solely of the author and should not be
interpreted as being endorsed by this company.

Re: Problems with header

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Celine Murphy wrote:
> I am having problems with my table creation.

Your usage of terms indicates that you also have a somewhat
muddled understanding of the technology you are dealing with.

In the XSLFO world, the term "table header" usually means
a specific FO:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_table-header
This does not match your problem description closely enough,
therefore I guess you have a problem more in the XSLT area.
My suggestions:
- Get one of Jeni Tennison's books about XSLT or, more recommended,
   take a 1-2 week training. Copy&paste from an online tutorial does
   not make you a competent XSLT programmer.
- Read http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
- Ask further questions regarding XSLT on the XSL list
    http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
   There is also a link to the FAQ on this page.

J.Pietschmann