Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com> on 2009/09/11 00:24:02 UTC

vote for a release candidate

I have created a release candidate for Hive.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hive/tags/release-0.4.0-rc0/

Let me know if it is OK to publish this release candidate.

Thanks,
-namit

RE: vote for a release candidate

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
Just replied on the JIRA. Is this really a regression - the code in 0.3.0 and 0.4.0 seems similar...

Ashish
Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
Clearly with the fix it is still dangerous for them to use LOAD INTO unless they understand the consistency implications or have put work arounds to address some reader crashes. I agree though that since this is a regression, we should get the functionality to what it was in 0.3

Ashish

Yes, we have customers who are using LOAD INTO without OVERWRITE. The use case is for collecting session data into a table partitioned by the hour of session start time. Since sessions are of varying lengths, incremental loads are necessary as sessions finish up.

There are a couple of possible workarounds, but all of them have drawbacks.

-Todd

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Namit,

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.