Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/02/10 19:22:40 UTC

Apache upload requests

Hi,

For any Apache projects now wishing to get artifacts to Ibiblio you
should coordinate with infrastructure and Mark Diggory who headed up the
effort to get the Maven repository flying at Apache. There are some
rules as far as release vs snapshots but they can fill you in.

Artifacts get sync'd from Apache to Ibiblio every four hours.

So just FYI I am deleting all requests from JIRA for uploads by Apache
projects because you must use the Apache funnel to Ibiblio now.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: Apache upload requests

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
That is fine with me. I'm trying to get some of the jakarta-commons
stuff ironed out with the multiproject build/site/deploy at this time.

Maybe we should try to single out a list for accepting requests on
repository content publishing which we can point users to on the
Wiki/Documentation?

Is infrastructure an acceptable location? Whatever the location, it
should probably be independent of any of the TLP's who may use the maven
repository.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer

Re: Apache upload requests

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

  -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

Re: Apache upload requests

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.