Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by gv...@C3tools.com on 2005/10/07 20:34:15 UTC

tree2 and nodes

Hi,

I am currently trying out the tree2 component. I'm just wondering if
it's possible to include some sort of object in the model in the backing
bean. From the examples, I know you create a hierarchy of node, which is
fine, but I'm wondering if there is a way to link the node with an
object, like a typical DTO or something else, that is serializable of
course.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm gonna have to first get my node and
then retrieve the object using the node's identifier if i understand
what this can do. I'm not gonna argue over the whole bandwidth/memory
space of having objects linked like that because my tree will always be
reasonably be small, I'm just wondering if it's feasible right now.

Thanks,

Greg