Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by "Ricardo Newbery (newbery)" <ri...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 18:31:37 UTC

Status of multiple reschedule feature

Hello,

I’m in the middle of an attempt to migrate data into Mifos and just now noticed this note about the rescheduling feature:

Note: with the current implementation, a loan can only be rescheduled once. Rescheduling can’t be done for loans with interest recalculation or multiple tranches. Support for rescheduling or restructuring a loan multiple times is on the roadmap and can be accelerated if a partner or user is able to sponsor it’s development financially. (from http://mifos.org/blog/announcing-mifos-x-16-01/)

This may be a deal breaker for my use case. I have several rescheduled loans, some of them rescheduled multiple times. In my case, it would also be useful to adjust the resulting generated schedule as is now possible with the initial schedule variations call.

I tried to search for more news about the status of the multi-reschedule feature, and whether anyone is working on it, but found just a few vague discussions. What is the current status? Is anyone working on it, or taking leadership on it?

Thanks,
Ric

Re: Status of multiple reschedule feature

Posted by "Ricardo Newbery (newbery)" <ri...@gmail.com>.
Okay thank you.

I’ve experimented with this a bit further. Maybe I’m still missing something? I see I can do the following:

1) Reschedule individual repayments
2) Add mid-term grace periods
3) Add additional repayments
4) Adjust interest rates for remainder of loan

But I don’t see the ability to change the “amount” of an individual repayment? This is critical to us as it’s not uncommon for negotiations to result in some variation in the remaining repayment amounts. Is this possible with the current code? If not, is this on the road map at all?

Thank you again,
Ricardo

Posted by Ippez Robert <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,
Hope all is well by the Grace of God. May i please know how one can sponsor
a feature development. There are some outstanding features which are of
interest to us and yet are serious blockers to our daily operations.

Thanks
Regards
Ippez Robert

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.