Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 16:52:41 UTC

name of the committers should be updated

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html
     check out the committers name on this page, 3 out 5 had left school.
There is fat chance that they contribute to this project again. Moreover,
the current participants who are contributing to this project , however, are
not on the committers list.
     Take notice of the previous e-mail i transmit from JIRA comment, people
can't recongnize me as a participant of this project. This might cause some
similar mistakes later on. Thus i suggest that we hand in a fresh commiters
list and someone , say Bill, may update the committers list. What do you
say?
--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Re: name of the committers should be updated

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
sorry that i misunderstood committers as people who currently maintain and
promote the source code--the work which we students@XJTU are doing now.  But
i believe that new committers must be added after the code committed to SVN.
I will learn the stuff you gave, i find that the [3] is quite useful. thks.

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/1 Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html
> >     check out the committers name on this page, 3 out 5 had left school.
> > There is fat chance that they contribute to this project again. Moreover,
> > the current participants who are contributing to this project , however,
> are
> > not on the committers list.
> >     Take notice of the previous e-mail i transmit from JIRA comment,
> people
> > can't recongnize me as a participant of this project. This might cause
> some
> > similar mistakes later on. Thus i suggest that we hand in a fresh
> commiters
> > list and someone , say Bill, may update the committers list. What do you
> > say?
> > --
> > Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU
> >

> The list of committers in [1] comes from the initial committers in the
> BlueSky proposal. After a project is accepted in Apache, new
> committers are voted by Meritocracy following the Apache Way, but old
> committers don't loose their status just because they have left the
> school or something as this is not about an school project anymore, is
> about a community interested in the Apache BlueSky project.
>
> As for voting new committers, this is an interesting question based on
> the project dynamics, as there is no code at svn yet, thus no really
> code activity, and very low mail activity (which is getting better
> now)...  how are we going to apply meritocracy here and identify new
> committers ?
>
> BTW, some good resources for free time reading [3]
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> [3] http://tuscany.apache.org/working-in-open-source.html

 costs me 1 hour to read stuff 3, it is useful.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/