Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Gargan, Stephen" <sg...@qualcomm.com> on 2004/01/05 20:29:11 UTC

RE: XDoclet, Struts and Maven: Where to start? SOLUTION

Hey Moritz,

Sorry for the random drive by mailing, but it seems that I am having the same problem that you had before and I was hoping that you might be able to help me out.

I have been trying to get Xdoclet to build my struts-config.xml and though I think I have all the properties set up like you described it still never runs the strutsconfig task. I was hoping you could look at my properties and see if I have anything glaring missing from them.

maven.multiproject.type=war
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.force=true
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.mergedir=conf/merge

maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.fileset.0=true
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.fileset.0.include=**/*.java

maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.0=true
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.destDir=${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/web/META-INF
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.0.validatexml=true
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.0.distributable=false
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.deploymentdescriptor.0.mergeDir=conf/merge

maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.strutsconfigxml.0=true
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.strutsconfigxml.destDir=${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/web/META-INF
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.strutsconfigxml.0.validatexml=true
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.strutsconfigxml.0.version=1.1
maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.strutsconfigxml.0.mergeDir=conf/merge

maven.xdoclet.webdoclet.strutsvalidationxml.0=true

maven.war.webxml=${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/web/META-INF

I've included the following dependencies

	<dependency>
		<artifactId>xdoclet</artifactId>
		<groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
		<version>1.2b4</version>
		<type>jar</type>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<artifactId>xdoclet-apache-module</artifactId>
		<groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
		<version>1.2b4</version>
		<type>jar</type>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<artifactId>xdoclet-web-module</artifactId>
		<groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
		<version>1.2b4</version>
		<type>jar</type>
	</dependency>
	<dependency>
		<artifactId>xdoclet-xdoclet-module</artifactId>
		<groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
		<version>1.2b4</version>
		<type>jar</type>
	</dependency>

The struts validation runs but no matter what I try the config task won't run. Could you possibly tell me the properties that u used to get it working, I'd really appreciate it

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Steve
------------------------------------
Stephen Gargan, IT Engineer
sgargan@qualcomm.com
Tel: (858) 658-3418
------------------------------------

Posted by Moritz Petersen <mo...@gmx.co.uk>.
Hi Stephen,

no problem for me. Sorry that I read your mail so late, I filter the
maling-list e-mails out into a separate folder and don't read them
every day. Feel free to address me directly: kontakt (at)
moritzpetersen (dot) de.

Anyways, to return to your question: after comparing your properties
and dependencies with mine, I could not find any difference except that
I included the xdoclet-ejb-module, too.

		<dependency>
			<artifactId>xdoclet-ejb-module</artifactId>
			<groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
			<version>1.2b4</version>
			<type>jar</type>
		</dependency>

I have heard that there might be dependencies between the web and the
ejb module. Don't know if it does the trick. If I can help you any
further, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Moritz.