Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by vinay deshpande <vi...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/11 05:30:50 UTC

Starting out with Kafka

Hi All,
I have a basic question: I tried importing kafka source code into intellij
but there are bunch of imports that IDE cannot find like these:

import kafka.api.ApiVersion;
import kafka.log.CleanerConfig;
import kafka.log.LogConfig;
import kafka.log.LogManager;

TIA.

Thanks,
Vinay

Re: Starting out with Kafka

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Glad to hear it!
-John

Re: Starting out with Kafka

Posted by vinay deshpande <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

Re: Starting out with Kafka

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Hmm,

Re: Starting out with Kafka

Posted by vinay deshpande <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I tried both the suggestions given in the previous mail threads, all the
unit tests passed except for testMuteOnOOM(). But the issue with IDE
persists.
I even tried invalidating the cache a few times, deleted the .bin/ and
.idea/ folder and built again  but there are quite few imports that aren't
being resolved (especially kafka.server, kafka.zk and kafka.log).
I'm attaching the result of the unit test here.
[image: Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 10.45.48 AM.png]

Re: Starting out with Kafka

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Hello Vinay,

Re: Starting out with Kafka