Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2007/04/08 23:02:01 UTC

Using the velocity zone to re-build the velocity site

Hi,

this is probably interesting only to velocity committers:

If you do not have an account on our zone (velocity.zones.apache.org),
please send me a mail with your public ssh key. I will add an account
for you ASAP (this goes to you, Nathan and Claude... ;-) )

Rebuilding the Velocity main site (the pages under
velocity.apache.org) with all the bells and whistles (news page, news
teasers on the front page, RSS feed and the velocity parsed pages for
who-we-are and the mailing lists) has never been easier:

- Log onto velocity.zones.apache.org
- Run ~velocity/bin/build_velocity_site.sh

To do so, you must have a local ~/.m2/settings.xml file that reads like this:

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>velocity.apache.org</id>
      <username>YOUR LOGIN HERE</username>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

and you must be able to run "ssh -l <YOUR LOGIN HERE> people.apache.org"
without password prompt (you must do this once from the zone to get
past the "do you trust this host key?" question).

The command above updates the site directory
(~velocity/deploy/velocity-site) from the SVN and runs clean, site and
site:deploy on the tree. There are some minor differences between the
actual SVN tree and the checked out tree because I need a minor patch
to the (locally installed) maven-site-plugin.

Please test. I've deployed the site a few times today without any ill
effects.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: Using the velocity zone to re-build the velocity site

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Nice.  The automation will help reduce deployment errors, too.

WILL

On 4/8/07, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is probably interesting only to velocity committers:
>
> If you do not have an account on our zone (velocity.zones.apache.org),
> please send me a mail with your public ssh key. I will add an account
> for you ASAP (this goes to you, Nathan and Claude... ;-) )
>
> Rebuilding the Velocity main site (the pages under
> velocity.apache.org) with all the bells and whistles (news page, news
> teasers on the front page, RSS feed and the velocity parsed pages for
> who-we-are and the mailing lists) has never been easier:
>
> - Log onto velocity.zones.apache.org
> - Run ~velocity/bin/build_velocity_site.sh
>
> To do so, you must have a local ~/.m2/settings.xml file that reads like
> this:
>
> <settings>
>   <servers>
>     <server>
>       <id>velocity.apache.org</id>
>       <username>YOUR LOGIN HERE</username>
>     </server>
>   </servers>
> </settings>
>
> and you must be able to run "ssh -l <YOUR LOGIN HERE> people.apache.org"
> without password prompt (you must do this once from the zone to get
> past the "do you trust this host key?" question).
>
> The command above updates the site directory
> (~velocity/deploy/velocity-site) from the SVN and runs clean, site and
> site:deploy on the tree. There are some minor differences between the
> actual SVN tree and the checked out tree because I need a minor patch
> to the (locally installed) maven-site-plugin.
>
> Please test. I've deployed the site a few times today without any ill
> effects.
>
>         Best regards
>                 Henning
>
> --
> Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE,
> Linux,               |gls
> 91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache
> person              |eau
> Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine
> guy     |rwc
>                                                                             |m
> INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB
> 7350     |a s
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning
> Schmiedehausen |n
>
>                "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain