Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by dhoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2007/10/11 22:40:07 UTC

Re: Version ranges and snapshots

This approach will not work because one would then have to continually
specify what snapshots to exclude.  We use version ranges to specify the
range of valid released versions.  I.e. when building get the latest
released version (in most all cases).  What is need is to somehow disallow
all snapshots.

This is a blocking bug for us with maven.  We use a custom build that fixes
this issue (does not allow snapshots).  The feature of version ranges is not
usable without this fix.