Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/20 19:16:04 UTC

How to change an ecommerce .ftl file reusing the whole

Hi,
as long as I go deeper and deeper in ofbiz I can appreciate the very good
design of this application.

Now I need to make a my own eshop module and I want to be sure I am using
all the re-use mechanism you have designed.
- I have created an eshop application under the hot-deploy, here I have all
my data files using the "ext" reader, with the data file I have defined my
show, website, facilities, catalogs and categories.
- In my eshop application, I have the controller.xml file that (as seen in
ecommerce clone example) includes the ecommerce application controller with
the line
<include
location="component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/controller.xml"/>

- In my eshop application there is also the images folder with a modified
copy of the ecommerce.css file and all required gif

Now I need little changes in some of the .ftl files. I want not to modify
the original files of the ecommerce application so that I can better follow
the development and update without conflicts.

Is there a mechanism that let me have one or more additional .ftl files in
my application and all standard .ftl under the original ecommerce?

For example:
I have changed the minilastviewedcategories.ftl. I would like to have a
modified copy of this file in my own application.
I can create a copy in my application but in order to make ofbiz using it I
need to local copy also all the other files in the chain that are:
CatalogScreens.xml, CommonScreens.xml and the controller.xml

Could anyone make some light for me on this?

Thank you

-Bruno