Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/10/14 14:59:40 UTC

Big Bad Bug in Lucene 2.9.0

Team,

There is a nasty bug in 2.9.0, whereby BooleanQuery will sometimes
silently fail to match possibly many documents that it should.
Details are here:

Fortunately, there is a very simple workaround: just call
BooleanQuery.setAllowDocsOutOfOrder(false).  This is a static default;
you only have to call it once, before running any searches.

We are working towards getting a 2.9.1 out to fix this bug... if you
know of issues we've fixed on Lucene's trunk that'd be good candidates
for porting back to 2.9.1, speak up!

Sorry,

Mike