Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by javijava <we...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 10:04:37 UTC

How to have 2 servers in the same machine?

Hi,

I want to know, how can I start more than one svnserve demon on windows.
I have one svn with the IP of the machine, can i do another with the
svn://IP/somethingElse ?
or must have another name?

And only one question more....
can i configure the CheckOut... ? I want what only copy to working copy some
files but others no,
because... i have a 'release' directory inside each project...and I don't
want to chekout it!!

Thakns a lot

Re: How to have 2 servers in the same machine?

Posted by javijava <we...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the Delay, is just  what i want!!

Thanks a lot!!

Re: How to have 2 servers in the same machine?

Posted by Lutz Dornbusch <su...@pdfzone.de>.
javijava wrote:
> if i do a svnserve -d --listen-port=PORT
> or svnserve -d --root=c:\repo
>
> I have the first repository associated with localhost
>
> But i want have a second repository in the same machine... and I don't know
> how!

I am not sure to understand you correctly, but you can create two or
more repositories in
c:\repo
eg:
svnadmin create c:\repo\1st_repos
svnadmin create c:\repo\2nd_repos

with
svnserve -d --root=c:\repo

you can access both of your repos with

svn://localhost/1st_repo
svn://localhost/2nd_repo

If you want the second repository on a different server process(as your
subject describes)
you have to do this:

mkdir c:\server_1
svnadmin create c:\server_1\1st_repos
mkdir c:\server_2
svnadmin create c:\server_2\2nd_repos
svnserve -d --root=c:\server_1
svnserve -d --listen-port 4711 --root=c:\server_2 [-->on a second
command shell]

now you can access via
svn://localhost/1st_repo
svn://localhost:4711/2nd_repo

your both repositories on your server

Greetings,
Lutz

Re: How to have 2 servers in the same machine?

Posted by Lutz Dornbusch <su...@pdfzone.de>.
javijava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know, how can I start more than one svnserve demon on windows.
> I have one svn with the IP of the machine, can i do another with the
> svn://IP/somethingElse ?
> or must have another name?
>
> And only one question more....
> can i configure the CheckOut... ? I want what only copy to working copy some
> files but others no,
> because... i have a 'release' directory inside each project...and I don't
> want to chekout it!!
>

> Thakns a lot

Hi,
look at the "svnserve --listen-port" switch. There you can define
another portnumber (I think 3306 is default)
for your checkout problem you should rethink your project structure or
do not allow read access to this directory via authz-file

Greetings

Lutz

Re: How to have 2 servers in the same machine?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 13, 2007, at 05:04, javijava wrote:

> can i configure the CheckOut... ? I want what only copy to working
> copy some
> files but others no,
> because... i have a 'release' directory inside each project...and I
> don't
> want to chekout it!!

You can check out non-recursively:

svn co url://to/repo wcname
cd wcname

Then for each directory x other than the release directory, retrieve
it with svn up:

svn up x

The non-recursive checkout feature is somewhat broken but maybe it
will work well enough for you.