Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/06/07 01:04:08 UTC

Re: Warning and then OutOfMemoryError

I'd recommend you run with a profiler and send us a link to the memory
profile when you notice it getting close to getting an
OutOfMemoryException.

Regards,
Hiram

On 5/24/07, Daryl Richter <dr...@funddevelopmentservices.com> wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Last night one of our brokers, running a build of ActiveMQ 4.2-SNAPSHOT
> built a couple of weeks ago, crashed with the following output:
>
> WARN  TcpTransport                   - Cannot set socket buffer size = 65536
> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport Server: ssl://localhost:62622"
> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Connection
> Dispatcher: 24407889" Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport:
> tcp:///10.100.103.146:4280" Exception in thread "
> btpool0-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> Exception in thread "RMI RenewClean-[10.100.101.102:47825]"
> ERROR TransportStatusDetector        - failed to complete a sweep for
> blocked clients
> ERROR TransactionTemplate            - Having to Rollback - caught an
> exception: java.io.IOException: Java excep
> tion: 'Java heap space: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'.
>
> At this point the broker became unresponsive.
>
> Does that WARN have anything to do with it?  There aren't timestamps so I
> can't tell the time sequence.
>
> We are connecting to this broker exclusively with Stomp clients.  The
> throughput is not large, though there was active messaging at the time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Daryl Richter -:- Fund Development Services
> 440 Park Avenue South -:- 14th Floor -:- Manhattan -:- NY -:- 10016
>
> e://drichter@funddevelopmentservices.com
> o://212/920.3526
> m://917/536.0789

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Warning and then OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
Hiram-

On 6/6/07 7:04 PM, "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:

> I'd recommend you run with a profiler and send us a link to the memory
> profile when you notice it getting close to getting an
> OutOfMemoryException.

Sure, no problem.  I have this running in both a Dev and QA system that I
can profile.  Can you point me to a link or a quick example of "running with
a profiler."

Thanks!

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns, will not be discouraged."
    -- Colonel Henry Knox, 1776