Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 13:16:26 UTC

Not getting Web UI in CloudStack 4.1

Hi,

I was following the wiki to install CloudStack 4.1 on CentOS 6.3 with KVM
hypervisor.
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html
I am done till section 4.5.7. Installation was complete successfully.
But when I fire the management server IP on the browser I do not get any
login page.
What could be the issue ? I also noticed from the log that tomcat6 was not
running ;
so I started it. Even after doing so I do not get the Web UI.
I also verified iptables rule, it accepts connections from port 8080.

Any suggestions what might have gone wrong ?

Thank you,
--
Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/

Re: Not getting Web UI in CloudStack 4.1

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Geoff Higginbottom <
geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Ashutosh,
>
> Sorry I missed you mail earlier, but I see you have now resolved the issue.
>
> For the benefit of markmail.org, which archives these mails and makes
> them searchable, the following would have fixed your issus.
>
> chmod 777 /var/log/cloudstack/management/catalina.out
> service cloudstack-management restart
>
> service cloud-management restart worked for me, I think that's a change in
CloudStack 4.1

--
Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/

RE: Not getting Web UI in CloudStack 4.1

I was able to fix the issue. There was some permission issue with catalina.out file.
After changing it the Web UI was successfully launched.

Thank you,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Ashutosh Narayan < aashutoshnarayan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the logs of catalina - http://pastebin.com/41XGxQ3Z Is
> tomcat6 creating some problems ?
>

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Ashutosh Narayan <
> aashutoshnarayan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jayapal,
>>
>> I ran /etc/init.d/cloud-management start ; but still I do not see
>> login page.
>> Looks there are some changes CloudStack 4.1 Where else can I look
>> into ?
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Ashutosh Narayan <
>> aashutoshnarayan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jayapal,
>>>
>>> When I run "service cloudstack status" it says cloudstack:
>>> unrecognized service I am accessing management server with (
>>> http://<MSIP>:8080/client ) itself.

>>> --
>>> Ashutosh Narayan
>>>
>>> http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/
>>>

>> --
>> Ashutosh Narayan
>>
>> http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/
>>

> --
> Ashutosh Narayan
>
> http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/

--
Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Not getting Web UI in CloudStack 4.1

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,