Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Extra Extra <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/23 06:54:11 UTC

Generating Component specific logs without modifying code

HI
  My problem is that i want to generate component specific logfiles.
  let me explain in detail.
  i have 3 third party(i dont have access to source code only have
.class files(jars)) components in my application say
  1)    com.abc.def
  2)    com.ghi.jkl
  3)    com.mno.pqr

  right now they all are logging their messages in to singlefile.the
configuration file is simple mylog4j.properties file with rolling file
appender and rootlegger set to level debug
  now how can i configure my property file to get component specific
logs.
  please guide me it urgent,i just gone threw some posts but i dint get
any hint
  i saw one solution that define logger as ur package name and set
additivity to false
  but how can i define that logger???
  please guide me

  thanks in advance
  Himanshu

Re: Generating Component specific logs without modifying code

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.
Check this out (it's a post from this mailing list, I don't feel like typing
it again ;)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&m=114069889813205&w=2

Hope that helps,

Javier.