Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2017/06/21 07:46:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flink 1.3.1 (RC2)

Dear Flink community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Flink version
1.3.1.

The commit to be voted on:
*http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/commit/1ca6e5b6
<http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/commit/1ca6e5b6>*

Branch:
release-1.3.1-rc2

The release artifacts to be voted on can be found at:
*http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/flink-1.3.1-rc2/
<http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/flink-1.3.1-rc2/>*

The release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint D9839159:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flink/KEYS

*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1125
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1125>*

The vote ends on Thursday (5pm CEST), June 22, 2016.
IMPORTANT: I've reduced the voting time to only one day because the number
of changes between RC1 and RC2 are mostly in the table API (mostly
documentation) and the serializer changes Till and Gordon were working on.
The list of changes is the following
- Reworked Table API documentation (this is a set of commits)
- [FLINK-6817] [table] Add OverWindowWithPreceding class to guide users
- [FLINK-6859] [table] Do not delete timers in StateCleaningCountTrigger
- [FLINK-6930] [table] Forbid selecting window start/end on row-based T…
- [FLINK-6886] [table] Fix conversion of Row Table to POJO
- [FLINK-6602] [table] Prevent TableSources with empty time attribute n…
- [FLINK-6941] [table] Validate that start and end window properties ar…
- [FLINK-6881] [FLINK-6896] [table] Creating a table from a POJO and de…
- [FLINK-6921] [serializer] Allow EnumValueSerializer to deal with appe…
- [FLINK-6948] [serializer] Harden EnumValueSerializer to detect change…
- [FLINK-6922] [serializer] Remove Java serialization from Enum(Value)S…
- [FLINK-6652] [core] Fix handling of delimiters split by buffers in De…

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Flink 1.3.1
[ ] -1 Do not release this package, because ...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 1.3.1 (RC2)

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
@Cliff: I think this is critical. There should be a 1.3.2 followup very
soon (ideally next week, once that fix is in).

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cliff Resnick <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Greg Hogan <co...@greghogan.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 to release 1.3.1 as is.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1`(non-binding)

Checked signatures
Run `mvn clean verify -Prelease` in a Ubuntu 17.04 LTS with kernel
4.8.0-56-generic and Oracle JDK 1.8.0_131 everything runs ok.

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1