Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/13 10:16:25 UTC

Flink web UI authentication

Hello

I would like to know if flink supports any user level authentication like
username/password for flink web ui.

Regards
Sampath S

Re: Flink web UI authentication

Posted by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nico

Flink does not support username/password authentication as of now.
we can do something like this:
Here you got a guide from the guys of DigitalOcean about protecting an url
with basic authentication:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-password-authentication-with-nginx-on-ubuntu-14-04

More importantly, how can this "web.access-control-allow-origin" parameter
help in authentication?
It is used for inter origin resource allocation. So can I use this
parameter to specify few hostnames so that only those hostname can access
the flink web ui? I dont think so. It is mainly used when another domain
page tries to access flink web ui.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Sampath,